2022-11-16

Changes

All that you touch/You Change
All that you Change/Changes you
The only lasting truth/Is Change
God/Is Change

 - Octavia E. Butler, Parable of the Sower


 

 In our rapidly changing society we can count on only two things that will never change. What will never change is the will to change and the fear of change. It is the will to change that motivates us to seek help. It is the fear of change that motivates us to resist the very help we seek.

- Harriet Lerner, The Dance of Intimacy



It is time for this project to change - in a good way. It has outgrown the space it currently resides in, and needs a new home. This will be my final entry on this particular blog platform; but it is far from the last of what I have to say.

I am beginning the project of fully transferring the contents here to a new location. I find this poetically fitting and emotionally satisfying, seeing as much of the writing here began in a Word document on my computer three and a half years ago, when the notion of creating a public blog out of it all was barely a glimmer of an idea in the back of my mind.

The Trans Mission Logs of the Starship Gender, by their very nature, are about constant evolution. About the processes of life - of stimulus, response, and choice; of action, reaction, and consequence. In short, this project has always been about change - both my own changes, and the changes I hope to spread into the world around me in the process of living.


The Starship Gender was not meant for sitting still. It now moves on; and this is as it should be.


Henceforth, you can find my work at https://www.starshipgender.com/

I hope you will continue to journey with me!


With love, as always,


 ~ Amelia



 

No comments:

Post a Comment