2019-05-18

Saturday, May 18, 2019

Editorial note: published retroactively July 6, 2020, unedited.

I dragged out of bed sometime slightly before noon today, and put together a long checklist of assorted responsibilities and obligations and whatever that I should be taking care of this weekend.

And then I procrastinated a tiny bit, and then I decided fuck that shit, and finally shaved for the first time in a week, and cobbled together the most blatantly girly outfit I could with the clean laundry I have left.

And now I’m sitting here with my hair as tousled and vaguely feminine as I can make it at this length, sporting the super cute black lacy dress thing I got a little while ago, and my comfy leggings. I don’t have many reasons to say anything out loud, but I’m trying to remember to shift my pitch a bit whenever I do.

I’m taking over now. I’m not the third person entity that gets referenced all the time. I’m not an alter ego that has to be “activated” or something. This is me now.

Hi. I’m Amelia!


No comments:

Post a Comment