2019-05-08

Wednesday, May 8, 2019

Editorial note: published retroactively July 6, 2020, unedited.

Oh holy fuck.

I used to think about what it would have been like to have really hit the trance scene properly at its height.

It just occurred to me that what I really missed out on was the peak trance scene as a girl.

FUCK.

 

That might seriously be my secret ultimate wish if I ever obtain reality-bending powers. Go hit all the big shows, watch everyone awesome spin live, tour the good spots and destroy as much of my hearing as I can manage.

Just... to be alive at a time when I know of this music is fucking powerful. To be able to hear it played in a real venue, surrounded by people who understand the magic and the irreplaceable majesty of being there for it in person... to know we have a piece of history that can never come back, and lives on only in the fading memories of a crowd of beat junkies who will never really manage to outgrow that high...

It's a cruel nostalgia for an experience I didn't actually get to have. So while I'm fucking with history... let's do this rave right.

I want to plunge into a borderline-deafening storm of music lovers who are totally lost in the rapture of what we're hearing; I want to feel it all take over and forget, like everyone around me, that there's any kind of world worth paying attention to beyond the reach of the speakers; I want to spin to an exhausted, giddy, euphoric pause as one track calmly passes into another - and open my eyes for the first time in what may as well have been an eternity, and be met with the admiring smiles and approving nods of everyone immediately around.

Damn. That girl knows how to dance.

No comments:

Post a Comment